A nice LabRat tutorial to gain strange effects on your films!
Digging through the kitchen to see what else I could use for some LabRat experiments I found baking soda and thought “give it a try!” So I mixed baking soda and boiling water in a glass with lit and of course one film: Agfa Vista 200. I think you can also use a cocktail shaker to mix everything very well. After the concoction cooled out I put the film on a heater to dry. This took several weeks to be on the safe side. Next time I will use a hair dryer in a dark room to dry the films!
I loaded my LC-A with the dry film, set it to 200 (so the original film iso, could have overexposed a bit though) and shot it. My lab, Fotofachlabor Roland Wacker, Pforzheim, Germany, was informed so he used one way chemicals to develop the films. I must say that I like the results very much. The purple tones are due to the heat of the boiling water and the baking soda made this tree like structure – very nice!!!
Here is the gallery: