Have you ever had a roll of 35mm film that did not turn out well? Now is your chance to use it! (Or take some shots of different textures.) These are great for your Christmas tree or to put anywhere as decoration.
All you need:
- a string of christmas lights (white or coloured)
- some empty film canisters with lids (the opaque white ones)
- and some film
- Take your roll of developed film and cut it to fit inside the film canister (I counted 20 sprocket holes)
- Poke a hole through the lid of the canister (I used a screw driver and a hammer)
- Put the cut film into the canister, position it where you want (it should stay in place)
- Put the light through the lid and then put it on the canister
- Do the same thing for the rest of the lights
- Plug in and enjoy!
A great way to recycle unused film canisters and film that didn’t turn out as expected.
(You can also scan your film so you can still make copies of it if you ever want to).
Whether it embodies something that's light as a feather or dreaming on cloud nine, show us your best analog shots in relation to the theme "lightness" and be rewarded with great products from the creative start-up Crispy Wallet as well as prizes from Lomography.
You've shot tons of really fantastic film photos — why not turn them into analogue prints that you can proudly showcase in your home, studio or office? If you're not sure where to have them printed, try Analogue Prints — the perfect print service for analogue photographers. Lomographers in Austria, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Belgium, the Netherlands and Spain can take advantage of this awesome service right now!
Done shooting and want your films to be processed? We can process your colour and black & white 35mm, 120 or 110 films! Development, prints and scans are also included. (Service availability depends on your markets)
Looking for a reliable flash? Consider the Lomography Ringflash, which throws an even burst of light around your subject! We scoured the Magazine and found these community-written reviews for you to peruse.
Are you still looking to pick up the perfect analogue gifts for your loved ones? Then you’ll be happy to hear we’ve extended our Black Friday sale to last all weekend! That means you can still get a sweet 30% discount on selected Lomography cameras, films, and accessories.