Lab Operators Wanted: Lomography Gallery Store NYC is hiring!
The Lomography Gallery Store NYC is in need of a full-time Lab Operator for our in-house film processing minilab.
If you have lab experience, we would love to hear from you!
• previous experience working with a Fuji Frontier minilab is a huge plus
• at least a basic knowledge of analogue photography
• at least a basic knowledge of Photoshop & scanner software
• at least a basic technical knowledge of minilabs (Fuji Frontier or similar)
• detail-oriented working style
• independent working style
• willingness to learn and improve processes
• communicative, receptive to change, and open-minded
Tasks and responsibilities
• operating a minilab (film development, scanning, image processing, printing)
• customer service for film services
• developing new products and services
• improving current services
• in charge of lab cleaning / service
• communicating with service technicians
• in charge of stock / consumption / order management of material needed
• running the lab at maximum efficiency to produce maximum output of all services
• meeting the established productivity minimums each day and aim to exceed them
• performing backend operations for online lab fulfillment such as order checks and photo uploads
• overseeing part-time employees and/or interns and delegate responsibilities
• assisting in the store with sales and other tasks during slow times in the lab
Please email your resume and a short cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here at the Lomography NYC Gallery Store, we are always testing and playing with our cameras and accessories. We asked our staff to test the new Lomo'Instant camera. Liz, our lab assistant, went crazy with the long exposure future.
Here at the Lomography NYC Gallery Store, we are always testing and playing with our cameras and accessories. We asked our staff to test the new Lomo'Instant camera. This time Yael, our lab manager, shared a few pictures shot around her personal life.
Join us at the Lomography Gallery Store on Thursday, August 27, for the exhibition opening of Five Minute Density. Meet the five artists who use Instax as a medium, see a live performance by James Tillman, and more.
You want your subject be the center of attention? Petzval lens photos are recognizable for sharpness and crispness in the centre, strong color saturation, wonderful swirly bokeh effect, artful vignettes and narrow depth of field that will make your subjects stand out!
Introducing Emil Rivera, a New York-based multidisciplinary designer, illustrator, photographer and storyteller. He's a dedicated lomographer-- always shooting with our film, hanging out at the store and using our lab services. A regular, a friend, a creator.
The NYC Jazz Age Lawn Party on the notorious greens of Governor's Island is one event you'd want to attend this August. Steeped in age, glamour, and a little bit of mischief, the Jazz Age Lawn Party is a weekend to attend and remember. What better way to go than with Lomo? We're giving away tickets and they could be yours for the taking.
If you are looking for some lomographic entertainment this month in your home city or if you are traveling the world and want some insider tips from our lomography teams, here’s a selection of what is going on in Lomography Gallery and Embassy Stores around the world.
Instant gratification filled the air with the launch of the much-awaited Lomo'Instant. Drinks and live music flowed for friends and family, making it an even more joyous celebration. Check out the Lomo'Instant in action at the NYC Gallery Store.
Join us for an evening with NYC-based fashion photographer Emily Soto. Concurrent with her exhibition at our Gallery Store, "Petzval Portrats: Bloom," Emily will discuss her work and experience using the New Petzval Art Lens in her work. Gather insight into the creative process of one of New York's favorite photographers. This event will take place on July 9 at 6:00 p.m.
Say goodbye to October and hello to November. The weather is getting colder but we have a bunch of workshops that will keep you warm! We have a lot in store for us, from a walk in the park with the Petzval to creating light painting masterpieces.