I want to share with you my experience with some slides when I was in Russia. I'm very sorry for them because I messed them up. They're just ruined and they'll never be the same! But hey, I have thousands of them, so I guess it's not a big deal after all.
They looked normal at first but now they look different. These slides now look more artistic and they have a dreamy appearance due to the blue and yellow tints. As you can see, the results are awesome! Read on to find out how I did it:
The most important thing to remember is to do it with SLIDES. It is hard to deal with them because they are very sensitive as far as I know. Just be careful when you’re handling them so as not to completely destroy the film.
In order to make the least amount of damage possible, we will not use pure bleach but instead a liquid detergent designed to clean the toilet (which contains only a small amount of bleach).
- Liquid bathroom detergent (If you are super careful, you can use bleach with water.)
- Slides (with the frames)
- Luck (it is easy to spoil the slide and ruin the whole image) Remember that the bleach burns skin badly.
1. Take the slides and put them on a white surface. Before that, scan and save them to see how they were before the procedure.
2. Place them in a line and then splash with some water – just little drops. If we do this, the bleach won’t do too much damage on the film.
3. Drop one or two drops of the liquid detergent on your film. Wait until you see the effect on the slide. It’s easy to see it. Just look at the picture and pay attention. The surface of the slide will turn white; that only means that the burning is starting to happen.
4. Now ask yourself – how much of the image’s original appearance do you want to retain? If you throw the slides into the water, do it as if you were doing it with some precious material. If you just drop some water after applying the bleach, the results will be different.
5. Submerge the slides in a tray full of water. Do not touch the slides with your fingers.
Look at the difference of being extra careful and making a mess.
Take the frame off to scan it.
And that’s it! You’ve just manipulated your images by using detergent and film slides!
I hope you get to try this one out!
written by neonlights on 2014-07-30 in #gear #tipster #yellow #blue #saturate #dissolve #russia #kodak #estonia #effects #soap #voyage #liquid #washing #slides #1993 #tipster #distort #lomo #cook #finland #trip #bleach #powder