Lomography Magazine offers you the perfect platform to reach an international audience! Have something to say? Submit to the Lomography Magazine for a chance to be heard. Whether you are a seasoned writer, or a motivated beginner, we want to hear from you. Read on and discover what type of articles we are looking for. Remember, writing for the Lomography Magazine earns you Piggies!
Requested Posts are what we are looking for and will earn you 15 Piggy Points. If there’s something you want to write about that fits the submissions guidelines but is not on the list, submit it anyway, you will get 5 Piggy Points!
We’d also like to remind everyone that your submissions to the Magazine should contain only the photos you’ve taken, unless you’re writing about a specific artist, photographer, project, etc. that you’d like to share with the Community. If you’re going to use photos from other websites, remember to secure permission and cite your sources.
Check out our requested posts for the hot and eventful month of July.
Tips are considered articles where Lomography or analogue photography are featured. Shoot us an e-mail at email@example.com, and you will be credited for every approved/published tip!
- Fun Under the Sun: Summer is here! Well, if you’re somewhere in the Northern Hemisphere, that is. It’s time for that much needed fun under the sun, so we’re sure you’d be heading outdoors to enjoy the warm sunshine. Tell us, show us a slice of your summer with your stories and photos!
- Happenings on Film: For this month’s Happenings on Film, we’d like to focus on music and cultural festivals, concerts, exhibits, and sports events. We’d love to hear your story especially if you’re watching football in Brazil, tennis in Wimbledon, or if a bunch of cyclists are going to be in your French city. But of course we’d love to hear about your summer, sports, and music-related happenings too, wherever you may be. Share your story with the rest of the community through pictures and let them know what’s happening on your side of the world.
- Fresh from the Lab: We’re always curious about what our fellow lomographers have been up to. So, if you’ve got a new set of beautiful photos, fresh from the lab, that you’re itching to share with us, tell us about it in this new series!
- My Day in Analogue: We’d like to take a peek into what a day in the life of our fellow lomographers is like, so we’re encouraging you to make an analogue photo diary. Using your analogue cameras and favorite films, document your daily routine, activities, hang-outs, haunts, friends, colleagues — anything that would show us a slice of your life — and write a little something about them.
- Summer Hot Spots: Even if summer starts only towards the end of the month in some parts of the world, we want to let early sun-worshipers know how excited we all are to learn about where they spend warm summer days, sipping margaritas, riding the waves, or just decked out under the sun. Show us your favorite summer hot spots and tell us why they’re too hot to resist!
- Kick-Off Country: If you’ve been to – or actually live in – one of the countries being represented by football teams in Brazil, we’d love to hear about any special place you’ve been to in any of those countries. Show us some pictures, share some details about your trip, tell us about the places you’ve been to and what makes them special.
SoLocations: Solo Biking Routes: Got a penchant of using your bike as your main mode of transportation? Then why don’t you document and tell us more about your usual bike route? Just remember to be careful!
- Lomography Day Trips: Last year, we’ve been sharing with you our itinerary recommendations for day trips around the world’s biggest cities. This year, it’s time for you to take charge and show us around your town or city! What are some of the must-visit spots that we should head straight into, if we only have a day to see the sights in your town? Tell us, show us, guide us!
- Summer With Your Shutter: How do you shoot vibrant, beautiful images when the sun’s glaring, blazing hot, up in the sky? What’s the best time of the day to shoot, and what makes the perfect subject? Spill those summer photography tips, and show the rest of the community what stunningly beautiful pictures you can produce with so much sunshine.
- Wide Angle Photography Tips: Is wide-angle photography your expertise? Whether for landscapes, quirky portraits, architecture, or street scenes, we’d like to get some tips from you to get awesome snaps of the wide-angled kind!
- Film Experiments: Do you love to tinker with your film rolls to come up with off-kilter photos? Do you use concoctions, film soup recipes, and chemical cocktails for creating funky effects on your film photos? Tell us about your film experiments, and show us what you can do!
- Extreme Camera Modifications: It’s one thing to tinker with your beloved film cameras for cool effects, and it’s another to modify them permanently whether in form or function. If you’ve ever tried making extreme camera modifications, we’d like to know how you did them. Who knows, some of our fellow lomographers may be brave enough to try them out!
- Konstruktor Transparent Edition
- La Sardina
- Diana Deluxe Kit
- Sprocket Rocket
- Belair X 6-12
- Lubitel 166+
- LomoChrome Purple 35mm and 120
- Lomography Color Tiger 200 110
- Lomography Redscale XR 50-200 35mm
- Lomography Film Subscription
- LomoLab Film Subscription
- New Petzval Art Lens
- Spinner 360 Motorizer
- Lomo LC-A+ Krab Underwater Housing
- La Sardina Dresses
- Fisheye Submarine
- Konstruktor Magnifying Hood Kit and Close-Up Lens
- Lomography Camera and Flash Cases
Additionally, if you’re interested in becoming one of our regular writers, read these new guidelines and we’ll be waiting for your responses! If you’d like to discuss the possibility of becoming a regular contributor, feel free to email the editor. Thank you!