Do you want to be one with birds and touch the clouds above? Hurry up and get on board this rumble!
On June 4, 1783, the Montgolfier Brothers, Joseph-Michel and Jacques-Etienne, unveiled their groundbreaking discovery that brought us a step closer to flying – the hot air balloon. In their initial public demonstration in Annonay, France, the Montgolfier Brothers inflated an unmanned balloon that said to have rose up to 3,000 feet and have traveled at least two miles away.
As a salute to this innovation by the Montgolfier Brothers, we are calling out to all lomographers to amaze us with their hot air balloon snapshots! Have you been to one of those fun and colorful hot air balloon festivals? Show us some proof! Do you have a photo gallery of the weirdest hot air balloon designs? We want to see it! Or are you those few who are lucky enough to fly high in a hot air balloon? Please, share with us the view from above!
- 5 winners of 10 piggies each
- Maximum of five submissions per user
- Don’t forget to tag your photos (film, cameras, accessories, and at least three tags). Photos without these tags will not be accepted.
- Submissions must be taken using an analogue camera. Please keep in mind our hot air balloon theme.
- Rumble will run for a week.
Make sure to bring a camera before boarding that hot air balloon! And don’t forget to share with us some snapshots!