Lomography Magazine offers you the perfect platform to reach an international audience! Have something to say? Submit to the Lomography Magazine for a chance to be heard. Whether you are a seasoned writer, or a motivated beginner, we want to hear from you. Read on and discover what type of articles we are looking for. Remember, writing for the Lomography Magazine earns you Piggies!
Requested Posts are what we are looking for now and will earn you 15 Piggy Points. If there’s something you want to write about that fits the submissions guidelines but is not on the list, submit it anyway, you will get 5 Piggy Points!
We’d also like to remind everyone that your submissions to the Magazine should contain only the photos you’ve taken, unless you’re writing about a specific artist, photographer, project, etc. that you’d like to share with the Community. If you’re going to use photos from other websites, remember to secure permission and cite your sources.
This Month’s Requests
While we are no longer accepting submissions for News articles, we still want your tips! Tips are considered articles where Lomography or analogue photography are featured. Shoot us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, and you will be credited for every approved/published tip!
- Picture This: Frenzy: Our challenge is all about revelry, merriment, and excitement with all the festivities happening around the world this month. So for our Picture This call-out, we want you to show us your photos and interesting stories of exciting celebrations, hysteric festivals, and crazy parties. Remember, keep them safe for work!
- Wild at Heart: Have you ever done something wild, crazy, or extreme lately? Do you have some epic lomographs to prove them? We’d like for you to tell us about your most daring moments, whether it’s eating cringe-worthy food, engaging in extreme sports/activities like bungee jumping or cliff diving, or bravest attempts at doing something big for the first time!
- Festivals on Film: Rio’s Carnival, Venice’s Carnevale, New Orleans’ Mardi Gras, Ireland’s St. Patrick’s Day and more are all happening this month. Is there one coming up on your side of the world for this month? Share with us your March festival lomographs and stories so we can somehow join in the fun!
- Celebrating Women: International Women’s Day falls on March 8, but here in the Magazine, we’re devoting the whole month to celebrate and honor the most influential and iconic women in various fields throughout history. However, we’d also like to meet the most influential women in your lives. Whether she’s your mother, mentor, sister, or best friend, introduce her to us and tell us what makes her an important figure for you.
- LomoLit: We are now accepting submissions for LomoLit! LomoLit is a series all about providing you with fresh and original fiction, all wrapped up in analogue goodness and ready to go! Write your own piece of delectable prose, inspired by your own photos.
- Destination: Party! Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; Venice Italy; New Orleans, Louisiana, US; Austin, Texas, US, Dublin, Ireland; and Northern India. What do these places have in common? They’re home to some of the biggest parties and frenzied festivals in the world! If you’re among the lucky party-goers and festival fiends who have experienced these celebrations, we’d like to hear your story and see your snaps! Likewise, if you’re a native of these cities/areas, maybe you can also give us some insider info on where to go or what to do after the street parties and festival frenzies!
- Thrill Seekers’ Hangouts: Are you an adventurous soul who is always hungry for an adrenaline rush? Why don’t you tell us about the hair-raising or heart-stopping spots that you frequent so our fellow thrill seekers can also engage in the exhilarating experiences they offer!
- Lomography Day Trips: Last year, we’ve been sharing with you our itinerary recommendations for day trips around the world’s biggest cities. This year, it’s time for you to take charge and show us around your town or city! What are some of the must-visit spots that we should head straight into, if we only have a day to see the sights in your town? Tell us, show us, guide us!
- Festival Photography Tips: Do you have some sure-fire ways to get postcard-worthy festival photos? A number of major festivals and biggest parties are all set to happen this month, so now may be the best time to revisit those techniques and also share them with our fellow festival-goers!
- Extreme Camera Modifications: It’s one thing to tinker with your beloved film cameras for cool effects, and it’s another to modify them permanently whether in form or function. If you’ve ever tried making extreme camera modifications, we’d like to know how you did them. Who knows, some of our fellow lomographers may be brave enough to try them out!
- Tips for Taking Women’s Portraits: Many photographers say that women are among the most challenging subjects to photograph. If you’re one of those who deem themselves experts at bringing the best out of their female subjects, why don’t you share with us some of your tips and tricks for taking stunning and compelling portraits of women?
- LOMO LC-A+ 20th Anniversary Edition
- Konstruktor Super Kit
- Belair Instant Camera
- Fuji Klasse W
- 110 Cameras
- Lomography Color Negative 800 ISO 35mm 3 Pack
- Lomography Lobster Redscale 110
- Lomography XPro Slide 200 120 3 pack
- Lomography Film Subscription/LomoLab
- Lomography x Zenit Petzval Lens
- Zkin Bags and Straps
- Lomography Experimental Lens Kit
- Spinner Motorizer
- LC-A Krab
Additionally, if you’re interested in becoming one of our regular writers, read these new guidelines and we’ll be waiting for your responses! Thank you!