There are many ways to attach your color filter to the camera. Today I want to show you my way. Especially for my LC-Wide since I have only a few mounting options. Also, I searched for a better solution than Tesa film. Velcro was my choice!
Until now I used Tesa to fix the color filter in front of the lens. It works every time and I had no problems but after a short time, the Tesa film loses its adhesiveness. What I find particularly disturbing is when I want to shoot with filters, I’d have to take it off then put it back on. You know what I mean? It’s such a hassle.
You can buy Velcro by meter, in stripes, circles or squares. I choose little squares (fix-o-moll).
Here are the things you need:
- Color filters
- Adhesive tape
1. Cut the Velcro into small pieces (both the hard and the soft sides.)
2. Glue the hard side of the Velcro around the lens. (top right, top left, bottom right, bottom left)
3. Cut the color filters in pieces (3.8cm x 4.2cm) and reinforce the short side with the tape. Alternatively you can stick a piece of paper to the filter.
4. Glue the soft part of the Velcro to the edges of your prepared filter.
5. Yeah your filter is ready for use!
If you want, you can glue a piece of the hard Velcro at the back of your camera so you never lose your filters after every use. It’s a cool and easy way to use your filters without the hassle of taping it again and again to your camera.
written by juliemond on 2013-12-08 in #gear #tipster #select-type-of-tipster #klett #halterung #kamera #filter #lc-wide #tipster #klettband #folie #select-what-this-tipster-is-about
translated by baujulia