We need to find Vienna... but in London! For our second mission you could win a special box packed by the guys at Lomography HQ filled with Vienna goods!
Photo by mandi
Let’s get together on Sunday and shoot our city!
A little bit of Vienna in every City – Sunday February 28th 1PM – £10
The home of Lomography isn’t so far away. In fact you’ll find it’s just around the corner, as we set out to hunt for Vienna in London.
But how can we find Vienna in London? Here’s a top ten from Lomography HQ’s Mandi who took a break from the archive to think these through:
- coffee houses & their grumpy waiters
- schnitzel !
- stephansdom (st.stephans cathedral)
- schönbrunn (Sissy)
- zentralfriedhof (central cemetary) & affection for death, the so called “morbide charme”
- heuriger (wine tavern serving wine of the year)
- sängerknaben (Vienna Boys’ Choir)
So what shall we do?
• Meet at the store at 1pm where you receive your free London Notebook, film and lend-a-camera
• Go over the mission and set some tasks
• You will then mission it to get as many Lomolocations as possible either in groups or individually
• Use the shop as a base to re-fill on film, borrow cameras and get tips!
How to create a Lomolocation:
• Shoot the location a lot so you can edit it down to 5 or 6 shots
• Write around 100-200 words on it (why is it great, special or why you should avoid it)
• Note down the name, address and contact details of the location if necessary
How to share the Lomolocations
You have three options
3. Email the images and text to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Lomomissions
If you chose option 2 or 3 we will then add the lomomissions to www.lomography.com via our lomohome
When you’re done shooting, we’ll also give you 15% off processing and 20% off more film on the day of the Lomomissions
PRIZES – If the prospect of capturing Vienna in London and sharing your ideas wasn’t rewarding enough, we are offering a special box from Vienna filled with gifts relating to the capital of Austria straight from the HQ of Lomography.
This will go to whoever shoots the most amount of Vienna inspired shots in London. Whoever we think gives us the best shot will get a one of our finest Woodgrain Fisheyes and a box filled with London related gifts for the guys at LGS London
Want to know more?
Lomography Gallery Store London!
3 Newburgh Street, London W1F 7RE,
Tel: 020 7434 1466