We're psyched to introduce Jasmine Solano to our community! Jasmine is a true Jane of all trades from her appearance in Jay-Z's "That's Rocawear" campaign, DJ-ing at the Brooklyn Museum, to hosting an international party called “Electric Punanny" run with producer DJ MeLo-X. Check out her awesome photos and learn about her travels!
1. Hi Jasmine ! Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I’m a DJ, Music Maker and MTV Iggy Host.
2. How was your Lomographic experience shooting with the Lomo LC-A+?
I loved it! It was easy to figure out and the results were amazing.
3. What’s one of your favorite shots from the camera?
This photo I took in Austin during SXSW. A man was coming out of a bar / restaurant with his Texan cowboy hat, he was so nice. I asked to take his picture, and he kindly obliged.
4. What’s it like being a Mistress of Ceremonies and a DJ for so many cool events?
I enjoy interaction through music, so all the events and projects I work on truly fulfill me.
5. You’ve been at so many awesome events and parties around the world. What’s the most memorable one you’ve DJed at?
I recently DJ’d in Singapore on the roof of the Marina Bay Sands resort. It’s 58 floors high with an infinity pool overlooking the city. I’ll definitely never forget that :)
6. And what kind of music are you personally into?
Dancehall, House, Soul and R&B.
7. If you could hang out with anyone, dead or alive, for a day and capture the experience on film, who would you choose?
My grandmother or as I call her, my Mom-Mom.
8. What’s the craziest place you’ve brought your camera?
Probably halfway around the world to Indonesia.
9. You have an international tour coming up this fall! What country are you most excited to visit/play?
I’m really excited about Berlin and Tokyo. I’ve never been and the anticipation is killing me!
10. What advice would you give to aspiring DJs?
Learn your craft and be serious about what you do.