As one of our more pioneering photography products, we understand everyone's excitement to get their hands on their own Lomography Petzval Portrait Lens. Have you made a pledge on Kickstarter yet? Here's what you need to know about shipping costs, delivery dates, and more!
The Petzval lens will be available for most countries throughout the world. Expected delivery date of the lenses is on February 2014. However, we are confident to have the first 1,000 lenses shipped out by December 2013.
- The retail launch price of the lens is currently planned as $499/€499, so you can make some great savings by backing us on Kickstarter! When the lenses are ready, you’ll be able to pick whether you want a Canon or Nikon compatible Petzval lens.
- For backers in the USA, shipping is free! No need to add any additional shipping costs to your reward pledges.
- For backers outside the USA, please note that we charge an additional $40 for most pledges to cover shipping and other costs.
- For our backers in Europe, please note that your Petzval lens will be shipped from a local hub. For the rest of the world, please note that we have logistics hubs in the following locations: Hungary, Turkey, New York, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Mexico and Canada. If your country is not listed here, we are afraid there may be some extra importation duties to pay on delivery.
- For backers in Brazil or Russia, shipping is an additional $100 on top of your pledge. Lomography will not be held liable for any additional shipping and customs duties that may occur in these countries. This is because we will not use our local logistics hubs in these countries, and these items will be shipped from the the USA.
If you have a specific question about shipping, just write us a comment below. Wanna know more about how Kickstarter works? Check out this intro to Kickstarter mechanics with FAQs!
The new Lomography Petzval (D)SLR Art Lens is a reinvention of the legendary portrait glass lens that first appeared in the 19th century. Our version is a high-quality glass optic that makes it possible for Canon and Nikon analogue and digital SLR mount cameras to yield the famous Petzval look – sharp focus areas with unique bokeh effects, strong color saturation, and artful vignettes. It’s a distinct look that goes far beyond using photo editing software and filters.
Fund this project on Kickstarter and help us bring back this extraordinary lens for 21st century photographers and filmmakers!