Last week, I made a short trip to the sea and took some photos with my Lomo LC-A Refurbished loaded with a Lomography X Tungsten film roll. Here are some tips about the use of this film and this camera in the summer season.
Last week, I made a short day trip to the nearest sea from my city Como, reaching the small village of Laigueglia in a few hours. Here, I took some photos with my refurbished Lomo LC-A loaded with a T64 Tungsten film. Here you can find some simple tips about summer photography when you want to document the characteristics of the place, and not only the life on the beaches.
1) The Lomography Tungsten film is great when you cross-process it. I exposed the film at 50 ISO, and I develop it in C41, to obtain a pleasant and dominant pink. The vivid colors of the legendary Minitar lens is ideal for this kind of reportage! For this season, I prefer films with a warm tone rendition!
2) This is a small town with small beaches, an ideal place to relax and not to have fun with sport (the beaches are not equipped for sports or diving activities), so I took some photos that documents this particular.
3) When you photograph a small and characteristic village, take care about details. For example, in the photo below, I inserted in the image both the the nice vintage photos on the poster together with the contemporary vulgar graffiti.
4) I was at the beach, so I wanted to take a picture that highlighted both the old characteristic buildings together with the seasonal cabins of the bathing establishments. For these photos, try to keep the lens axis perpendicular to the buildings to avoid annoying falling lines!
5) Don’t miss to look at the sky: the summer clouds are often very pleasant!
6) In my album dedicated to this city, I was not limited to post photos taken at the beach, but I have also chosen to document the summer events advertised in the narrow streets.
7) It is summertime, so I have inserted in my album a photo with people walking in swimsuits, to highlight this period of the year.
8) The vegetation and the type of trees (in this case the palm trees) help to characterize your summer photos!
9) Take care about some village characteristics, such as the fishing boats or some architectural details, like the ancient fortress in the photo below.
10) The strong summer light allows you to obtain spectacular images in backlight!
Enjoy this film and this camera!
The Lomo LC-A is the camera that started the Lomography movement. With full controls and wide ISO range, this automatic gem is perfect for beginners and professionals alike. Get your own Refurbished LC-A in our Shop!