In the last couple of months, I've realized that there's so many cool DIY things to do and the best thing is that these projects are very easy and cheap! My latest experiment was the silk PomPoms to decorate. Interesting? Keep reading...
The first thing you need to know is that is a very easy project but you got to do it with care, because of the silk fragility. Besides, once the pompons are made we have to hang them immediately because f they are left on a flat surface, they can be damaged easily. If want to use them for another day, you can make them but don’t open until you hang them.
To make these original pompons we are going to need:
- Silk paper, any colour you want.
- Thread with the color of the paper (or another one to make contrast)
1. Place 8-10 silks sheets one above other.
2.Fold the papers in the form of an accordion with care, trying to make the folds equal size.
3. Now fold the papers in form of an accordion in the middle and tie them with a thread.
4. Cut the ends to make oval corners.
5. Now the most complicated thing is separate the layers one by one. Voilà!
You can make pompons of different sizes, cutting off the silk papers before step 1. And you can use them to decorate a party, a vintage wedding or to decorate your next photo shoot. What do you think?
The photos are taken from the original tutorial in Bodas.net