When I received a La Sardina from a nice user on Saturday, I immediately set to work to change it. Even if I had to decide first what do I do now.
My first I’ve painted with green and black paint, as you can read here in my german tipster Bemale deine La Sardina doch einfach neu! .
About how the camera is best broken down into its individual parts, I recommend the article from phalanx , by which I was really convinced to make the camera finally new.
But now the current version!
You will need:
- La Sardina ;)
- adhesive film
So first dissect your camera with the above instructions. Just remember which screws you’ve taken out. The adhesive metal discs I’ve put on a plastic stapler where I could them easily.
I then cut out all the parts in pieces about the size of the adhesive film. Then I went to the easy parts such as front and back, then the border. The adhesive film I cut either with a small scissors or scalpel. The holes I could most easily cut with a thin very sharp scalpel.
Then I was ready to replace the pieces. I glued the metal plates again with Pattex, also the two rivets.
To paste the flash was a little harder. I was working range step by step to the side panels. First, I have a pen paint copies of the curves on paper. Then transferred to the film and adapted slowly in small steps the rest.
So here is the little beauty:
This method was more easy than the one to paint, but I like both of course. And each was worth the work. Now it matches to the design of my beloved SX-70.
And now a big THANK YOU to mapix , who received for exchange one of my bags made of felt for his La Sardina :D
Enough again from you tinker-aunt Pearlgirl.
Das wars mal wieder von eurer Basteltante Pearlgirl.