I'm a newcomer in lomo world, but not in film world. I have had kind of on/off relatioship with film. Only six months ago I sold my film cameras and developing equipment (again), but here I am again buying films and cameras. Only this time it feels much better, this year will be the year when film comes for good.
Here are my 6 analog resolutions:
1. I’m not leaving film this time…not this year at least! At some point, I got really bored with film. I wasn’t happy with my pictures. They weren’t sharp enough or otherwise technically good. I kind of lost the fun of whole thing and become paralyzed by the technicality of digital world. But then, I found lomography.com, a place where bad pictures can be good! Now, I’m really excited to get my films developed in my bathroom and scan them with my old canon scanner. I finished my first roll couple of days ago and the second one is already waiting for developing.
2. I’m going to try at least 5 new films. Okay, I know this sounds easy, but it isn’t that easy for me. I prefer the most inexpensive films, mostly expired ones, because I’m trying to keep my costs low. This year, I’m going to try some Velvia, Sensia, Provia, Ektachrome etc. Don’t know yet which of those will have the honors, but I’ll figure it out soon (If you have any suggestions, feel free to tell me!).
3. I’m going to buy two more cameras. I just bought Diana Mini with Flash. I like it a LOT, but I need something less light hungry for these dark winters nights of Finland. I’ve set my eyes on used FED 50 with f2.8 lens, bulb mode, cable release and tripod thread. Bright lens and lots of options to play with..sounds good to me! The other camera I want is Horizon Kompakt, but I have to save some money for that.
4. Shoot and submit at least one roll every month. I didn’t shoot that much in 2012. Only couple of dSLR shoots and few rolls of film. Year 2013 will be different!
5. Get social in lomography.com. I will write at least 1 article every month and get lots of new friends. I’m trying to get at least 50 friends (current count: 2) and get 100 likes at least in one of my photos.
6. Do a filmswap! I want to do filmswap with some concept or idea. I have few ideas already in my mind and I will keep you posted when I got something to tell. Will YOU be the lucky one who gets to do a swap with me?
With these six steps I’m ready to step into my first LOMOyear!