The past two years have been extremely busy for me -- I took a lot of photos and I've absolutely loved it. I can't wait to take even more photos in 2013 and here are my resolutions to help me do it!
1. Take at least one roll of film a week. I actually set this for a goal last year, but I didn’t quite manage it — again, I managed just under 48 rolls, which was frustrating. Perhaps this year, I will finally hit 52.
2. Use some cameras that I’ve only used once or twice. Last year, I set an aim to use cameras that I’d never used before and although I did enjoy it, I found it hard to get myself motivated to use cameras where I had no idea what the results would be. Luckily, I have a few cameras that I’ve only used once or twice where I do know what the results with be, so I’m excited to use them again this year.
3. Try out more different films. When I first got my Holga, I only used one film, but over the past 3 years I’ve tried more and more. This year, I want to try as many different films out as I can and really experiment with them and the cameras that I already have. There are still so many films that I haven’t tried, I can’t wait to start.
4. Start taking portraits. Last year, I tried to populate my photos by taking more photos of people and I think I definitely succeeded. Now, I want to take it a step further and attempt portraits. I love photos of people and I really like the idea of trying to capture someone on film in the way that I actually see them. Hopefully, I can pull it off.
5. Experiment more with double and multiple exposures. I have taken a fair few of these types of photos, but I never plan them out, I just take advantage of situations. This year, I’d like to try and be more creative with the double and multiple exposures that I take.
And finally, a goal that will always be on my list!
6. Take too many photos. Though I am pretty sure that you can never take too many photos really.
Happy Analogue 2013!