We are sounding the trumpets for an exciting contest for a very talented and lucky Chicago artists to paint our display window. But that's not all, there are a bonus of extra percs and prizes as well. Are you the perfect artist to complete our store?
This is a chance to let your work shine. We are searching for one lucky artist to submit their idea to make the Lomography Gallery Store Chicago complete! The window is viewed each day by 500-2000 people walking by, and an unlimited amount of drivers. We are looking for a painting to combine the theme of Lomography with the concept of the Chicago skyline. But that’s not all! The winner of the contest will do a live painting of the wall on November 30th during our 20th Anniversary Party. Not only will your work be seen by thousands of people each week, but also during our huge party.
Here are the submission guidelines and information about the wall.
1. The painting must combine the theme of Lomography with the concept of the Chicago Skyline. We are open to discussing other concepts based on the city of Chicago.
2. Submissions must have a written explanation of the proposed painting and concept.
3. You must give examples of previous work. (Websites and blogs are perfect.)
4. There must be at least 3 images depicting the proposed painting, so as to see a plan and idea. Please send jpgs no larger than 600×600 ppi. Scans of sketches
5. Please send submissions to email@example.com with the email titled “Chicago Window Submission” or the entry will not be accepted.
6. All submissions are due by Monday November 26th.
7. The wall measures 14.2 × 7.42 feet.
As a special thank you for making our wall beautiful the winner will also receive the beautiful Splendour La Sardina, a 35mm mix pack of film, and 3 free Lomo Lab Packages at our lab.
So get your submissions in soon, and clear your calender for November 30th! We can’t wait to see what you’ve got in store.
1422 N. Milwaukee Ave
Chicago, IL 60642
Sunday – Thursday 11am – 7pm
Friday – Saturday 11am – 9pm