This is a reminder that the "Threadless Loves Lomography":http://www.threadless.com/loves/lomography t-shirt design competition is nearing its deadline, so you need to get your designs submitted by midnight on July 5th for a chance at the staggering bounty of cash and prizes!
This is a reminder that the Threadless Loves Lomography t-shirt design competition is nearing its deadline, so you need to get your designs submitted by midnight on July 5th for a chance at the staggering bounty of cash and prizes!
As you might know, Threadless.com is a vibrant online community based on original graphic t-shirt designs – and one of the world’s premiere destinations for these slamming ink-on-cotton wearable masterpieces! Much like Lomography, the creative spark and soul comes from their hyper-active and far-flung community members, who labor day and night to produce the most unexpected and exciting work possible. Sounds familiar, right? We thought so too, and saw an excellent opportunity to cooperate on an amazing online challenge.
Ladies and Gentlemen – you are hereby called to put your design skills to the test! Using the "10 Golden Rules of Lomography” as a theme – we’re calling upon everyone & their brother to create the most devastating t-shirt possible. From all the submissions, ONE design will be chosen. This designer will receive a HUGE assortment of treasures (see the juicy details below) AND have their design printed in a large yet limited run for immediate purchase by the Lomography & Threadless communities.
For all you designers, artists, photographers, doodlers, scratchers, painters, stampers, and glass etchers out there: this is a primo chance to showcase your talent, take home a boatload of goodies (including a $2000 check! And $1000 in Lomographic merchandise), and create a priceless piece of wearable art for your fellow Community friends & friendly strangers. Read on for all the details.
UP FOR GRABS
The chosen designer will receive a staggering bounty! To the victor, will go the following:
- $2000 in cash!
- A $500 Threadless Gift Certificate!
An awe-inspiring assortment of Lomographic goods, including:
- Lomo LC-A+ $250
The iconic Lomo compact, with the famous color-radiating Minitar 1 lens
- ==LC-A+ Wide-Angle Lens == $150 Turn your Lomo LC-A+ into a 20mm full-frame fisheye wonder
- Splitzer $20
Slice and dice your image into little overlapping bits
- Colorsplash Flash $35
Splash your subject with a burst of white or colored light
- ==Leather Sidekick Bag == $250
The unisex Lomographic lifestyle bag in butter-soft gorgeous leather
- DianaF+ $95
A loving reproduction of the original 1960s Diana flash camera
- Diana+ Fisheye Lens $45
Shoot a totally circular fisheye Diana+ image on a square print
- Fisheye 2 $70
The world’s first compact fisheye camera – now with long- and multi-exposure functions
- 10 rolls LomoX-Pro film $40
Unbelievable colors and contrast with this exclusive Lomographic slide film
- 10 rolls assorted 120 film $50
A quite nice assortment for all of your medium format cameras
SUBMIT YOUR T-SHIRT DESIGN
As of this very second artwork submissions are accepted on Threadless.com. The link below has all of the requirements and legal bits. But to get you started, here are the basic guidelines:
- The purpose of the submissions relating to this promotion is to create a stand-alone design inspired by the challenge, not a brand tee. Your design should not have brand names, the 10 golden rules or logos on it.
- The selected design(s) will be chosen by a panel of Judges including Threadless staff and a representative from the promotion sponsor(s).
- The design(s) to be printed will be chosen by the Judges within 45 days after the submission close date.
- Use the submission form at Threadless.com by selecting Participate —> Submit Ideas from the menu – or click on the Link below to submit.
- All submissions will also be eligible to be printed as a regular Threadless tee.
- The submission must not be a design that has already been submitted to Threadless.
- You may only submit up to three designs during the duration of the promotion.