For this edition of Film Lab Rats we’ll be presenting some tricks involving instant photos, as well as strips of negatives - all of which will keep your summer sizzling with lots of analogue fun, thanks to submitted tips from our Lomograt-phers!
- Summertime … and the Lab Rats are busy
- Cut and Stick Your Negatives
- Faking It: Instax + Redscale + Sprocket
- Instaxperiments 01
- Film Offers to get you Started
- Lab Rat Tips = Piggy Points
Summertime … and the Lab Rats are busy
So hush, little babies, don’t you cryyy … We are armed with a piping-hot batch of film experiments to keep your summer sssmokin’ hot! For this edition, we’ll be presenting some tricks involving instant photos, as well as strips of negatives – all of which will keep your summer sizzling with lots of analogue fun, thanks to submitted tips from our Lomograt-phers!
This cool Lab Rat trick shows how you can cut and paste your own scene – literally! Create surreal pictures with the help of scissors and some tape! Here’s how to do it:
1. a pair of scissors
2. clear tape
3. your old negatives!
1. Take some old negatives and simply cut into them.
Redscale sprockets in an Instant Photo, you say? Why not! Using your Diana F+ you can try this technique in just a few easy steps!
1. Diana F+ camera
2. Diana Instant Back+
3. Exposed negatives
4. Clear tape
1. Cut a strip of exposed negatives, stick it onto the insides of the Diana Instant Back+. Mount it on your Diana F+ camera.
2. “I chose a couple of frames from a strip that was a bit messy, hoping by doing that I can get some crazy wild double exposures! Yeah … that means the photo I take now will ‘double expose’ with the shot that I took ages ago on that particular 35mm strip.”
You have been warned – but we’re sure the Lab Rat in you won’t mind at all. Manipulating instant photos isn’t limited to drawing mustaches and horns with your markers – a little cutting and spraying will also give you jawdropping effects!
1. a pair of scissors
2. Instant photos
1. Cut off the three sides of your Instant photo other than the developer side (having crappy, beat up scissors is a plus)
Lab Rat Tips = Piggy Points!
If you’ve been religiously following our Film Lab Rats editions, you should know by now that we are giving away 10 Piggy Points for the winning Lab Rat/Tipster of the week entry, and 20 Porkies if your experiment makes its way on our Newsletters. Make it good, kids. Our Lab Rat Expert Mandi will be sniffing through each of your submitted techniques to see if they’re worthy of the Lab Rat paw print of approval!
Submit your Tips here
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive all the latest on new products and offers right in your inbox.