Win big Piggy Points, and a chance to win a Lomokino! Not only that, a chance to screen your film throughout subway stations in Toronto, Canada! The Toronto Urban Film Festival (TUFF) happens each year, at the same time as the Toronto International Film Festival! It is known as one of the world's "coolest" film festivals, for it’s unique method of screening the best 1 minute, silent short films every 10 minutes, on 300 screens in 60 subway stations across Toronto!
This year, it’s your chance to shine on the big screens as Lomography will take part in the TUFF competition with Lomokino movies! Submit your best Lomokino Movie, and get a chance to win BIG prizes, as well as some piggy points! Not only will you be able to win a Lomokino Mubi Edition, your film will be seen by over 1 million daily commuters.
As collaboration with Toronto Urban Film Festival, the prizes are bigger than ever! Check out the full prize detail below!
- Top 5 Lomokino films will be selected to screen their films!
- 1 Grand prize winner will win 30 Piggy Points, and a Lomokino Mubi Edition with one pack of Lomography 35mm Mixed pack.
- Second prize winner will win 15 Piggy Points, and get a Lomokino Mubi Edition with one pack of Lomography 35mm Mixed pack.
- We will pick 3 more runners-up and each will receive 5 Piggy Points, and they will also be included as the Top 5 to screen their films!
- We will pick 7 more runner-ups and each will receive 5 Piggy Points!
- The top competition winners will be invited to become LomoAmigos
- Winners may also be considered for other TUFF prizes!
Lomography x TUFF submission requirements are different than the requirements for the general submission for TUFF. Please follow our guidelines below for Lomokino films. For Lomokino films, there will be no submission fee therefore no artist fees will be given out to the contestants.
Submitting Your Movie
You’ve got the whole month of July to put your mini-movie together, so start shooting your analogue movie! Once you’ve finished your movie, just submit it by posting a link to it in the comments below! Submission Requirements: Keep in mind, “Short, Sweet and Silent!“
- Any movie filmed with the LomoKino
- Submission limit: Total of 5 films per person
- Other: Sound may not be included. Silent films only!
- Length of the movie: Must be exactly ONE minute only!
- Theme: Think ‘Urban’
- Deadline for entries is July 30th 2012
- The order of frames and movie speed may be edited in post-production, but please no effects or filters – Each frame of your movie should conform to our rule for photo rumbles: It should not be digitally enhanced or manipulated.
- Submit your films by posting a link to it in the comments below!
Enter a new analogue dimension with the LomoKino Lomography’s own 35mm analogue movie camera allows you to capture action and immortalize your story on film! Shoot 144 frames on any 35mm film and create your own cinematic masterpieces. Want to watch your movie the old-school way? We also offer the LomoKino and LomoKinoscope package!