Compare, contrast, draw inspiration from, and even shake your head in disagreement at the answers from our special guest contributors. Today we talk to blogger Jessica Bialkowski who mentions Lomography and Nick Cave in her list of interests. We wanted to find out more about someone with such great taste!
Name Jessica Bialkowski
Location Sydney, Australia
Jessica is a 23 year old film photography fanatic who runs a super cute blog called Little Henry Lee.
Choose some analogue image that represents you.
1. Describe your first memory as if it were a still photograph
My older brother and myself as very young children, on either side of my mum, in her arms. We’re in my parent’s bed and she’s reading a book to us. The bedclothes and pillows are all white but the image is dark browns and oranges, taken in the low light of the bedside lamp. We lived in England when I was very young and I’m not sure if I have this memory because I was told it happened or if I actually remember it.
2. What’s one quality you wish you had?
I wish I was more adventurous, or less cautious? Being cautious is a good thing most of the time but it means I don’t take many risks.
3. Who or what was the first thing you fell in love with?
My first, and so far only dog, Nikki. A fluffy white Bichon Frise who I loved with all my heart.
4. What would you rid this world of in a heartbeat?
5. What decade in history would you like to step into and why?
The 1950s! Apart from being able to hang out with Kerouac & co, I would buy the most beautiful dresses and check out all the greaser guys with their hair slicked back and their t-shirt sleeves rolled up.
6. If you could hang as a camera around anyone’s neck, who would that someone be?
I’m going to have to say Nick Cave. He inspires me endlessly with everything else he creates so I’m sure I’d love his photography too.
7. Where’s your secret garden, where you can escape to?
Without being the world’s biggest cliche I can escape to anywhere when I’ve got music. My “secret garden” would probably be me in my bedroom, hanging out with my records and my books.
8. What famous person (dead or alive) would like to have a drink with?
Living would be Nick Cave (love of my life). Dead would be Jack Kerouac & we’d invite Allen Ginsberg, Bill Burroughs, Neal Cassady & the whole gang!
9. If you could no longer see, what’s one image you’d like burned in your mind?
A pile of dachshund puppies and hedgehogs, rolling around with all their tiny little tongues poking out.
10. Who’s your hero, in fiction or in real life?
I don’t really have any heroes. I guess the people who inspire me most in life are the ones who have the courage to be nomadic. The rolling stones of the world who never settle in one place.
Thanks for taking part Jessica!
written by hannah_brown on 2012-06-19 in #lifestyle #10-questions #analogue-photography #art #lomography-gallery-store #scotland #questionnaire #jessica #uk #lomography-questionnaire #interview #london