If you’re in NYC this summer, be sure to mark your calendars for Photoville! What's that, you say? Photoville will be a large-scale photographic village with shipping containers converted into gallery spaces in the heart of Brooklyn Bridge Park, right on the Brooklyn Waterfront. There’ll be a mix of exhibitions, lectures, hands-on workshops, nighttime projections, photo dog run, and a summer beer-garden, creating a fun photographic destination for your summer! Read on...
To make the Lomography shipping container the best, we need your help! Submit your photos inspired by or taken in New York City for a chance to be included in the Photoville LomoWall inside our shipping container. Whether it’s the Statue of Liberty or someone sporting a “I Heart New York” shirt in Europe, we want to see them all! Plus, they’ll be in the running for our upcoming Lomography New York City Guide. Be sure to visit us at Photoville for our NYC LomoWall where we’ll also be selling cameras and other goodies, and of course, offering fun summertime workshops to brush up on your photo skills.
- Film/Camera Type: Any photo taken with an analogue camera not digitally enhanced/manipulated.
- Upload Limit: 10 photos
- Minimum Photo Dimensions: Submissions must be at least 1220px. This is to ensure that the photos for the wall will be in good quality.
- No watermarks or logos on photos.
- Meta data must be completed (camera, film, location & 3 tags).
- Deadline for submission will be on May 31, 2012.
- Selected photos will be part of the Photoville LomoWall and also our upcoming Lomography New York City Guide!
And in case you’re still hungry for more photo competitions, Photoville is also hosting a two-month-long outdoor public art installation called The Fence. The Fence will have over 300 images which capture the essence of “community” to display along a waterfront stretch of Brooklyn Bridge Park. You have until May 15 to submit at photovillenyc.org! So hurry!