Lomography collaborates with online cinema community, MUBI to bring you this rumble. We invite film lovers, professional or amateur to create storyboards which you will shoot with your LomoKino. Read on for information on how to join.
MUBI is your online cinema, anytime, anywhere. MUBI will give you the latest buzz from the Cannes Film Festival or a restored masterpiece personally chosen by Martin Scorsese (he’s a member, too!). A social network that can let you find a visual gem that will definitely not be released in the local multiplex, and allows you to find a girl in Tokyo who loves Kubrick (she actually exists, her name is Yuko and she’s into Wong Kar-Wai too…). MUBI invites you to watch, discover and share visionary films from all over the world.
Do you like making films? Are you a cinema fan? Or just enjoy writing and creating stories? Lomography and MUBI are inviting you to create your own storyboard for your LomoKino film. For this rumble, we want you to to write a blog post through your LomoHomes showing your complete movie storyboard. Your storyboard should be enough for at least a 3 minute video. And in addition, you also need to submit a photograph of the opening scene or the first image of your movie on this competition page. After you’re done, submit the link to your blog via the comments section. Lomography and MUBI will then select the best entries and will be awarded super awesome prizes!
- Entry should be a LomoHome blog post.
- The storyboard should be enough for a 3 minute video at the very least.
- A photograph of the first scene/first shot must be submitted through this competition page.
- Any analogue photo not digitally enhanced or manipulated.
- Photo must be at least 576px in either height or width.
- Meta data must be completed (camera, film, location, 3 tags, etc…)
- Blog entries must be submitted via the comments section.
- Deadline of entries is on May 19, 2012.
So what’s at stake here? Now this is where it gets super interesting… A new mystery LomoKino camera, designed in collaboration with MUBI and a famous movie director, will be up for grabs for this competition. This will also become the first LomoKino clone so this is your chance to own this steak sauce of a camera!
- 5 winners of the mystery LomoKino camera
- Each winner will also get 1 month subscription to MUBI.
- A special award bagde for their LomoHomes.
So there you go. Get those creative juices flowing and have fun on this rumble! Good luck! For more information on MUBI, you may visit their website at www.mubi.com.