While our contestants are stretching, devising game plans and getting into the zone, we'll first have a sneak peek at our panel of judges! Check out our update on when the race will start and other details as well!
We are all moments away from the start of the worldwide Lomographic endeavor that knows no bounds – The Great LC-A Race! The competitiors are lined up and raring to go, doing their pre shooting warm-ups, stretching those trigger fingers, limbering up and generally being cool. Ten teams of ten people from every conceivable corner of the globe are furiously on a mad dash to show all of us only the most stunning of locations and the greatest of shots. But before we go into all of that, who exactly comprise our panel of judges? Before the race gets properly underway let me take this opportunity to introduce you to the team of dedicated, lomo loving, analogue hungry, camera addicted film junkies whose task will be to judge this contest. Ladies and gentlemen, here they are!
Why is he on the jury you ask? Well, he’s the one who thought of this whole thing. Matt’s a 31 year old camera addicted, film munching, visually hungry lomoloving photographer with big hair. He always has a camera with him and always takes a Lomo cam on pro shoots to give his clients something a bit different. He also like coffee and cheesecake and is far too excited about this race.
You all know Stéphane by his awesome shots and location entry from the Arctic Circle. He is a 28 year old Oceanography student and thinks that this ambitious project embodies the Lomographic spirit – it’s about sharing without spatial boundaries and freezing moments and places on film, and expressing their own vision of the world.
Ananditya is one of the big winners of our Location Rumble and she will lend a hand in choosing and judging the best locations from the competitors! She believes that life is simple and the only essentials are eating, sleeping and saving lives.
As for the Lomography staff judges, here they are as well:
For those not in the know, I am the overall administrator and organizer of the race. I spend my time looking and searching for pretty pictures and I’m really excited to feast my eyes on the output from each and every one of the teams!
Who better to judge your locations than the Locations editor herself? Gwen has carefully monitored all locations by only her strictest standards to be up to snuff so you can rest assured that she’ll only pick the best and most deserving places you’ve photographed!
Before we officially get the race underway, please do familiarize yourselves again with the rules. Here are some answers and points though, from the frequently asked questions so far from all teams!
Race Update – Here we answer everyone’s common queries about the race:
- All teams will begin simultaneously. We will announce the go-signal once all teams get the package which would be soon! We’re waiting for a few more teams and then the race begins!
- Whenever you’re out shooting, please turn on the GPS tracker and turn it off while not in use.
- The various LC-A accessories (Krab, Splitzer, Wide Angle Lens) can be used for the competition so get your creative juices flowing!
- Aside from the locations, there are specific missions per leg of the race for a total of 10 different stages!
- Shipping and handling between one contestant to the next is shouldered by the teams. Try to meet your team mates if possible though, so you can talk strategy!
- When shipping to the next team mate, please declare the kit as a gift with a value of 5 Euro or less, and label it as used and not brand new.
- If there are any problems with customs and duties, please contact me