We lomographers adore cats. They are always the best models for our lomographs. Their eyes, their whiskers, their fur--all are so good-looking in their own ways. Below are some fun facts about cats I found on the internet and some awesome lomographs taken by our fellow lomographers and me myself. Read on after the jump.
• When a cat purrs, it does not necessarily mean it is happy. Cats sometimes purr when they are scared or hurt.
• A cat’s nose pad is as unique as a human fingerprint. No two nose prints are identical.
• Petting or stroking a cat has been proven to help in lowering one’s blood pressure.
• Cats are more alert than watchdogs because they have 32 muscles in each ear and can turn their ear very quickly to catch noise.
• A cat’s sense of smell is about 14 times stronger than ours.
• Cats use their whiskers to determine if the space they are entering is big enough for them.
• To calm a frightened cat, put your hand over his or her eyes and forehead or let him or her bury his or her head in your armpit.
• Cats get an average of 16 hours of sleep per day
• A cat lover is called an ailurophile.
Here are some more lomographs taken by the ailurophiles in this community:
Cats are just so adorable, who can resist them?
Information from this article were taken from Bella Online.
If you liked this article (and cats, of course!) you might want to read these cat-related posts:
- Spotting Stray Cats with the La Sardina!
- Photographing Cats
- Kya-ri-ko (Calico) Cat Cafe in Kichijoji, Tokyo, Japan
- LC-Wide and Cats
- Analogue Adventures with Momo the Siamese Cat!