The bustling and ever evolving city of Seoul is one of the most beautiful places on earth - Take part in this fantastic competition in association with the Seoul Metropolitan Government and you could win a trip there and see for yourself!
A constantly evolving metropolis, Seoul, the capital city of the Republic of Korea, is a Lomographer’s playground . Lomography, together with the Seoul Metropolitan Government, want to share the majesty of this hidden city through a series of exciting competitions – Welcome to the Seoul All Around You Competition!
Seoul can’t just be found in Seoul, it can be found everywhere. For the first stage of the competition, we want you to go out into your city and find a taste of the city wherever you can. It could be a Korean restaurant, some friends training at your local Taekwondo club, your friendly Korean neighbors waving good morning – even a Hyundai car racing down the street! Seoul is everywhere; it’s up to you to find it. So come on and submit your best Seoul-inspired photos!
If you’ve been to Seoul before, now is also the time to geotag your photos and send in your best LomoLocations, about the city – They could be part of the Lomography City Guide Seoul due to be released in 2012! You can read more about submitting a LomoLocation here
For each stage of the contest, there will be 1 grand prize winner who wins a trip for 2 persons to Seoul and a special Seoul edition La Sardina camera (due to be released in 2012). These trips include a minimum stay of 5 nights in Seoul; return flights; airport transfers, as well as hotel accommodation. There will also be 9 runners-up who will each win a Seoul edition La Sardina camera!
Ready to submit your photos in the hope of winning these amazing prizes? Be sure to submit photos at least 1220px in width/height and there’s a submission limit of 10 photos per category. Please read the rules carefully, to make sure that your entries will be eligible to win covetable prizes from the Seoul Metropolitan Government and Lomography!
- Sort through your photos and pick the best ones thoroughly and thoughtfully.
- Film/Camera Type: any kind of film / analogue camera – standard 35mm or 120 format preferred, not digitally enhanced or manipulated.
- Deadline for submissions are as follows:
Stage One – Seoul All Around You: From October 31, 2011 to November 20, 2011
Stage Two – Seoul Kitchen: From November 21 to December 11, 2011
Stage Three – S-E-O-U-L: From December 12 to December 30, 2011
- Make sure that they are relevant to the (sub-category) themes, and upload them to the correct sub-category! Do not upload the same pictures to multiple stages or irrelevant pictures, you will be excluded from the competition.
- Make sure to geotag all your pictures
- Minimum Photo Dimensions: submissions must be at least 1220px in either width or height, larger dimensions are welcome
- No visible borders or watermarks, etc.
- This competition will be held in three stages, make sure to upload your images to the correct competition in order to qualify!
- Winners shall be able to travel to Seoul, Korea in the end of 2011 and beginning of 2012 to take part in the event.
- Winners must have all documents necessary to travel to Seoul, Korea, including authorizations of any kind. All entrants, particularly minors, are responsible for ensuring their submission is in compliance with the legal requirements of their country.
- Winners will be announced through a blog posting on the Lomography website shortly after the stages deadline.
- Winners will get a message via their LomoHome which they have to reply to within 5 working days. If not, we will have to contact another winner.
- By participating in this competition you agree on all terms & conditions