Calling all Lomographers! We've already received some truly fantastic submissions for the forthcoming New York City Guide but there's still a chance to get your pictures and LomoLocations featured in this incredible book! We want you to submit any New York Location you want but this week we want to inspire you with some of the unbeatable places to quench your thirst or satisfy your hunger that only New York has to offer.
That’s right – the deadline is edging ever closer, so don’t miss your chance to be immortalised in the ultimate Lomographic tribute to the greatest city on the planet; New York City! Oh and don’t forget; if your Location is accepted, not only will it be considered for the Guide but you’ll also receive a mouthwatering 15 Piggies! What are you waiting for? You can submit any Location in New York City that you can think of, but here are some seriously delicious ideas of Locations to get you started.
· Mee Noodle in Midtown East
· Grimaldi’s pizza
· A bunch of signs from all the different Ray’s Pizzas in NYC!
· Any expensive restaurants that show how classy we are!!
· Cake shop
· Ramen shops in the Lower East Side
· Any bakery in town where people are biting into cupcakes, cakes and having fun
· Chennai , The vegetarian Indian joint in Murray Hill
· Caravan of dreams, wild ginger, quintessence and other veggie/vegan spots
· Amy Ruth’s, Red Rooster or Sylvia’s in Harlem
· Pommes frites
· Torrisi Italian Specialties
· Crif dogs
· Gray’s papaya/papaya king
· Nathan’s hot dogs in Coney Island
· Burger Joint at Le Parker Meridian in midtown
· Corner Bistro in the West Village
· Peter Luger Steakhouse in Brooklyn
· Tom’s diner, and amazing kitschy place in Brooklyn!
· Food Trucks: Big Gay Ice Cream, Dosa guy, Sammy’s, Kogi, Endless Summer, Mr.Softee
· Thai and Indian food out in Queens
If you submit one of these Locations then that’s great, but remember you can submit any Location you want to!
How to get involved:
- To see all the sections that will be included in the Lomography City Guide New York, take a look here
- If you’re not sure of what a location should look, our handy dandy step-by- step guidelines will help walk you through it with ease.
- Upload 3 or 4 or more great photos (higher resolution the better – your photos should have at least 1200 pixels in either width or height)
- A couple of paragraphs containing four or more sentences each on why you love your location and why people should check it out.
- The exact address of where it’s located and how to get there.
- If you have a LomoLocation to submit that does not fit this week’s theme, please go ahead and submit it anyway, it will still be considered for the book (as long as it’s about New York of course).
- Also, DON’T FORGET to tag your location with “NYCG” so we can pull them out easily and provide you with an extra 5 piggies.
written by devoncaulfield on 2011-09-28 in #news #new-york-city-guide-city-guide-call-out-food-and-drink-september-2011