Roll out the red carpet and prepare yourselves for the majestic arrival of the new and improved Lomography Online Magazine!
Roll out the red carpet and prepare yourselves for the majestic arrival of the new and improved Lomography Online Magazine! Since its launch in May 2008, it’s been one of the most exciting things to grace our Beta website. With superbly fun (and at the same time, helpful!) sections such as the Blog, Locations, Events, Films, Cameras, and Competitions – it’s become the main hub for photographs, articles, reviews, and tips! Think nothing could be better? Along with its fresh new look, each section of the Magazine will feature its best articles – and this will be constantly refreshed! There will also be an option to show us the stories that you like by clicking the “I like this article” button below each post!
And now, we’re introducing a new section to showcase all the creative tips that you’ve been submitting to us – the Tipster section! We have raked in a tremendous amount of really amazing ideas from you, and it’s about time that we dedicate a special spot for your analog ingenuity! It’s just the beginning of brighter things to come, folks! We guarantee that we’ll always keep you updated, informed, intrigued, and inspired – all for FREE. That’s what you call analog love!
Stats & Figures
Thanks to you, the Magazine has been very active since its launch – and for a good reason! It’s chock-full of all things analog – verbally and visually speaking. It’s the perfect place to go to when you want to be clued in to all things Lomography!
The Magazine by the Numbers
- 753 entries in the Blog section, the main spot where Lomographers hang out
- 1,518 entries in the Locations section, highlighting the best places on earth to visit, as you suggested
- Locations now have a new map, making it very easy to see places and mark on where you have been (more than 1500 locations by users)
- 228 entries in Films, your source for all emulsion info and reviews
- 134 different films reviewed mostly by users
- 200 entries in Cameras, the section that gets you clickin’ and snappin’
- 101 different cameras reviewed mostly by users
- 215 entries in Competitions – the section that keeps you busy and piggy-hungry!
- 14,241 comments in total
What’s Happening Now On The Magazine?
Plenty! For every section there’s always something interesting going on. Here’s a low-down:
- Blog – is where we all get together for some good read! Lomographers participate in an ongoing chain of interviews (‘My Friend’) and share their first encounters with Lomography (‘My Lomo Story’). Collaborations are all the rage with ‘Doubles With You’. You also get a weekly dose of the latest analog must-haves in ‘Pan_dre’s Shopping Guide’!
- Locations – Explore different places and secret spots from all over the world through the lenses and stories of Lomographers!
- Events – Mark your calendars – store launches, parties and other Lomography happenings right here!
- Film – Discover films, or rate your own favorites. Accompanied with photos to show you the results brought about by different emulsions!
- Cameras – An ever-growing knowledge base created by camera experts! Topped off with stunning photos to show you what these clickers can do!
- Competitions – Share photos, win piggies and other prizes, and gain mutual admiration from other members – join our rumbles & contests!
Tipster – A Brand New Section
All those cool tips that you’ve been sending will find a new home right into the Magazine! The Tipster section will feature all sorts of camera and accessory modifications, inspired by the successful Tipster newsletter launched in January 2009! You’ll find Lab Rats experiments previously published (and future submissions too) here, too. A drop-down menu will be available for quick browsing as well as limitless options to win piggies!
New Lomo Photo Archive & Lomohomes: A Recap
A cleaner, sleeker LomoHomes was introduced recently – equipped with special features to keep the interaction between Lomographers more fun! Comments have been enabled, and avatars were uploaded to visually represent you. Likewise, exploring the Lomography Photo Archive is easier than ever – keying in meta tags & a mouseclick takes you to a wondrous Lomographic journey!
Share the Analogue Love With Friends
Two things to keep the analog love flowing – the “Share This!” button at the bottom of each post allows you to instantly share a favorite article with your friends! And if you like an article, let us know by selecting the “I like this article” button. This way you contribute to the growth, survival and love of analogue photography! And as always, we welcome feedback from you – so keep sending us your thoughts, ideas, suggestions and other comments!
If you want to have all the latest news about Lomography in your inbox, subscribe to our newsletter!