After a week spent sitting next to the dooor waiting for the postman to arrive with my Konstruktor, I finally got my hands on it.
Putting it together was easy enough (though it’s a good thing it came with some spare screws…). I didn’t keep the time (though I guess I could ckeck the EXIF of the first and last picture I took of the process…), but I think it took me about two hours. I won’t bother you with a two hour account, so here’s the stop motion version:
The result: a beautiful camera.
As you can guess, I was dying to try it out. So I snapped away most of a film in my back yard. The results are a lot of fun. The Konstruktor takes a bit of getting used to (the viewfinder is rather low-fi, the advance wheel is a bit wonky, and I keep forgetting that I put it on B-setting), but I really enjoyed my first days with this camera. I especially like how you can combine it with a few close-up filters held in front of the lens.
So in short: fun putting together, fun using, and fun results. 35 euros well spent!