So you can read all about last year’s Lomorace, organised by the lovely Buckshot by following this here link.
And you can see my winning album, with a record 190 points here
(Start at photo 20 and work backwards y’all!)
So this year I will posting up some categories and inviting you all to take part with us in the Lomorace. It’s better than a hangover and involves a prize, prestigious title of "New Year’s Lomorace Winner 2014 and the chance to arrange things for next year!
I have copied the rules etc below, from the lovely Buckshot, because hey, why mess with perfection eh?
How to enter
Simply post “Hell yeah, I’m in..!” in the comments below this blog NOW or any time up to race start time (08:00 London, UK time on 1 January 2014).
The race is open to all Lomographers, anywhere in the world, but bear in mind that you need to respect UK times for the race start and finish, which might be tricky if you live in Honolulu. Sorry!
The lucky winner will receive:
• The glory and honour of being officially crowned ‘Winner of the 2014 New Year’s Day Lomo Race’ — a truly unique and priceless award that no other Lomographer in the world can ever claim. Pretty cool, huh…? ;-)
• A really crap Mystery Prize with a retail value of £3.99. I will personally ship this to you, wherever you live in the world, and whether you want it or not. (The mystery will be revealed when the scores are posted here.)
• The inalienable right to organise, choose the subjects for and judge the 2015 New Year’s Day Lomo Race. Lucky you, right…?!? But hey, this prize is transferable to a nominated Lomographer of your choice if you’d rather spend 1 January 2015 sitting around watching crap TV all day instead. We won’t hold it against you. Much.
• Every runner-up in this exciting challenge gets the right to tag all the shots in their race album with “I took part in the 2014 New Year’s Day Lomo Race and I won nada, niente, zilch, squat, but it was great fun anyway”. (You may choose alternate words to reflect your actual experience ;-)
• Shoot as many of the subjects included in the must-shoot list as you can (ideally all of them, plus the bonus subject too, if you can). The list of must-shoot subjects and the bonus subject will be published in a brand new blog post by myself at precisely 08:00 London, UK time (that’s 09:00 in mainland Europe) on Wednesday, 1 January 2014.
• To maximise your points, you must publish your album in your Lomo home and post a link to it in the comments below that blog post by 12:00 Midday (that’s 13:00 in mainland Europe) on Thursday, 2 January 2014. Your comment must also indicate the time at which you posted your comment (e.g. “17:45 – My Lomo race album is live here: [link].”). Only London, UK time counts, so bear that in mind if you live in a different country. Albums posted after the deadline will still score points, but not as many (see Scoring, below). I have decided to give until Midday the following day to allow people who have no access to instax or a dark room, the chance to hit up a one hour photo place.
• It doesn’t matter what camera you use (as long as it’s analogue), what film you use (35mm, 120, 110, etc., black&white or colour) or how it’s processed (C-41, E-6, x-pro, etc.).
• You must not simply Google the subjects online and shoot them from your computer screen, otherwise you’ll be disqualified and score zero points!
• I, kneehigh85, am in no way legally or morally responsible if, during the course of this race, you get punched by a stranger on the street, busted by the cops or break your neck falling off a ladder trying to get a really awesome telephoto aerial view of a neon-coloured rubber duck in a street gutter or any crazy-assed Lomo shit like that.
• I’m the Official Lomo Race Judge for this event, ‘cos I organised it, so I get the final word on any decision about the awarding of points, capiche? And no, I don’t care if your brother’s bigger than me and has a black belt in ball-breaking, ok?
You will score:
• 10 points for each of the 12 must-shoot subjects. (120 points for 12 shots, 110 points for 11 shots, 90 points for 9 shots, etc.).
• 20 points extra for getting all 12 of the must-shoot subjects (in addition to the 10 points for each one).
• 30 bonus points for getting the optional bonus shot.
• 30 points for posting your album to your Lomo home and including a link to it in the comments below this blog post by race finish time (18:00 London, UK time on Tuesday, 1 January 2013).
• 20 bonus points for being the first to upload your completed album to your Lomo home (with a link posted in the comments below the blog post to prove it – Remember to write the exact time in your comment too).
In addition to this, in my role as Official Lomo Race Judge I will assess all entries received by race finish and award:
• 20 points for the most original/inventive/wacky album.
• 20 points for the most technically proficient album.
• 20 points for the most trashy, lo-fi album.
If I’ve done the maths correctly, this means you can score a maximum of 200 points for uploading a complete album (all must-shoots plus bonus subject) by the race finish time, or 220 points if you are the first participant to do so. Thereafter, I will add the judge’s points, to reveal the grand winner. In the event of two or more participants sharing the highest score, I will award an additional 10 points for my favourite individual shot in the same-scoring albums, so there’s only one outright winner. Sound fair to you? Sounds fair to me. And because I’m such a fair gal, my own album (yes, I’m competing too, of course!) will be excluded from the Judge’s points, so is highly unlikely to win (boo hoo!).
So all check back here at 8am Uk time on Wednesday 1 January to see my updated blog post with the entires on. And good luck guys and gals!
All clear? In that case, ladies and gentlemen, remember to post “I’m in…!” in the comments box NOW, and I hope to see lots of you at the starting line on New Year’s Morning!
written by kneehigh85 on 2013-12-28