Black_friday_en
Have an account? Login | New to Lomography? Register | Lab | Current Site:

Fixing my lomo lc-a!!!!! Woop woop x

I knew it was a risk buying a second hand LC-A off ebay but after my first roll came out blank and replacing the batteries didn't seem to help and the LEDs didn't light up I thought I was doomed.

I got my LC-A precisely 5 weeks ago now and so far it has been a month or so of panic and disappointment. I put a roll in as soon as it arrived and somewhat naively knew nothing of the red lights signifying that the battery was dead. The battery was dead but it was not until I got that first roll from the lab that I realised this. I promptly stuffed in some new batteries and then when I shot my first few photos the light was on and we were doing well. I put the camera away waiting for some better weather as I had loaded Lomography redscale XR film. When a sunny day arrived, I took the camera out and to my surprise I saw that the red light wasn’t coming on again. I found it hard to believe that the batteries were already dead and reluctantly put the camera away again. Which is where it has stayed until today. I got some photos back that I had taken on a borrowed LC-A+ and I fell in love. And they are not even a particularly good set

Photo by kneehigh85

I got my camera back out and found some help on flickr (thanks to the excellent Gimel Vav I think!) I took the bak off to find that with a pair of mini tweezers I could simply tighten up the connection. Now I have a working LC-A and a weekend away planned!

written by kneehigh85

3 comments

  1. clickiemcpete

    clickiemcpete

    I've been having a lot of trouble with mine as well. At first I didn't realize the batteries were dead, in fact I forgot that it took batteries. :) Once that was fixed though I have had a recurring problem where the take up reel does not take up the film leader and so I would shoot a whole roll but the film never advanced. I'm still having that problem so sometimes I say screw it and just put the instant back on it but that's hardly a good solution. I wish they would make the take up reel with better tabs and this would not be an issue. One work around is to make sure it advances two or three frames before closing the back door. I'd rather waste a couple of frames than have the whole roll turn out blank.

    almost 4 years ago · report as spam
  2. ali55

    ali55

    awesome :) I'm glad your found out was wrong - so frustrating when things work, then don't work the next time you use them

    almost 4 years ago · report as spam
  3. littlemisslove

    littlemisslove

    @clickiemcpete a simple way to check if your take up reel has caught is make sure that the silver 'handle' above the film spool (the one you use to rewind) turns as you wind on. if it doesn't, just open up and reload - since this only happens at the start of the film that will be fine, and as you say, it's worth 'wasting' the first couple of shots to make sure it's all tucked in fine

    almost 4 years ago · report as spam