ghostly doubles with scary scratches.
my idea for this photo project was to create some ghostly doubles. i used my diana f+ camera and lomography earl grey 100 film for all the shots, also a tripod and a cable release.
first i put my camera on the tripod and shot the empty scene. then i shot the exact same scene again, but with my “ghost” in it. once i finished the roll of film with several images – chair, sofa, piano, window – i took it to the lab to get developed.
i was quite pleased with the ghostly doubles effect, but i decided to scratch the negatives to get an even more “spooky” look. i scratched the negatives with a metal sponge and a needle, just as i did in my aesthetics of destruction project.
then i scanned the film again and voilà, here is the result:
i also scanned some of the pictures as slide film, i think it matches with the “ghost” theme.
i can be seen in the mirror, therefore i’m not a ghost. no, wait… that’s vampires… uuh.
have a look at the album here: ghosts