Oh the technology today! With the SoftBox Pro iPhone/iPad app, you have your very own portable SoftBox and film LightBox! Now available in the iTunes App Store.
After a long day all I wanna do is lie down on my comfy bed. Usually, what I do before I bury my face in my pillow is to fumble around with iPhone. Look up recent entries on Tumblr, check up on new vintage camera listings on eBay, play Burger Queen, update my Facebook status, drool over the cameras in the online Lomography shop, etc.
This time I decided to open the App store and update my iPhone apps. While the apps were doing their thing, I looked up this weeks “Top Free” in Photography apps. I’m telling you it was destiny!! I found the greatest app I could ever use! SoftBox Pro. Immediately knowing what it was I didn’t hesitate to download it! Fortunately in my favor, this app happened to be FREE for a limited time.
Upon downloading the app, I got my Fuji Sensia slide films from forever ago and tested it out. I opened the app, fixed my settings, and laid my negatives right on my iPhone. AAAHHHH! I have my very own LightBox!!! Just as quickly as I got my slide film, I took out my Canon DSLR and got right down to business! I could not believe the awesomeness of this app!! (:
These are the film that I digitized with my Canon DSLR using the Softbox App on the iPhone 4.
From here on, the text below is a copy&paste describing the app straight from this site: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/softbox-pro-for-iphone/id429371302?mt=8
Throughout the text, I’ve uploaded screenshots of the app taken with my iPhone. Enjoy!! (:
“Turn your iPhone into a professional studio lighting system.”
- Works best with SoftBox Pro for iPad! ###
$$$ Now Free For A Limited Time! $$$
!!! Note: This is a lighting app, NOT a camera app, please use another iPhone or camera to take photos. !!!
“SoftBox Pro” gives you the perfect reflection you are looking for. Unlike conventional lighting equipments, you can carry it with you, wherever you go!
Simply choose an appropriate shape, pattern, and brightness, you are ready for shooting.
Besides using it as a soft box, “SoftBox Pro” can also be used as a light table. Or maybe something else? Let your creativity run wild!
YouTube video – “Photo Soft Box Pro-HD teaser”
• SoftBox Pro works best in dark environments.
• Always use a tripod or beanbag to stabilize you camera.
• Small mirrors, white papers, and aluminum foil can be used as reflectors to bounce off light.
• The official Apple iPad case can be used as a wonderful backdrop. As seen in sample images.
• Use multiple iPhones/iPads for more complex lighting.
• 15 different soft box shapes.
• 15 different grids and patterns for the finest detail in reflection.
• Brightness adjustment allows up to 8 stops difference.
• Minimalist interface design, very easy to use.
• Retina Display support on iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4.
• LED light support on iPhone 4.
Coming soon in future updates:
• Color temperature / white balance support.
• Shape/grid resizing and rotation.
• More shapes and grids.
Updated: May 01, 2011
Current Version: 1.0.5
Size: 2.9 MB
Seller: Greg WU
© Eggerr Studio
Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 3.0 or later