Near or far, the Locations section aims to feed community members’ wanderlust by introducing them to popular as well as newly-discovered places all around the world. Whether it be about a quaint cafe back home or a luxurious trip to someplace exotic, this section provides a convenient venue for analogue lovers who have a favorite location to share.
For more engaging and interesting Locations section reads, we’ve drafted a clearer set of guidelines. This doesn’t mean that you guys aren’t free to write about what you want, we just want the format of the articles being submitted to be more consistent for a better Locations section.
Aside from being factual in terms of the names of the places that you’ve too, the bits of history, and other details that are usually shared in travel accounts, we encourage you to also be more creative in terms of delivering your story. While it is about one’s travels, Locations articles doesn’t necessarily mean that it should sound like your typical travel book. Your personal experiences and tips that made your trip even just a wee bit more memorable, will make your articles all the more special for your fellow community members. Feel free to share them here including, which cameras and films you used to document your trip.
Filling Out the Locations Section Submission Form
- Must not be limited to the place you’ve been to.
- Must be creative and piques the interest of the readers.
Taipei, Taiwan ✗
Shopping at Night Markets ✗
Discovering Unique Finds at Taipei’s Night Markets ✔
- Must be at least 5 words, lowercase, and separated by commas.
- Must suggest the overall context/theme of your story.
- May include specific cameras, film types, or techniques used.
- May include relevant keywords and related interests.
carnivals, coffee shops, libraries, malls, parks
- Must answer the basic who, where, what, why, and when questions.
- Must have 40 words maximum or 2-3 sentences.
- Must be different from the content.
- Must have at least 200 words.
- Must have at least 10 photos and 1 header photo which will serve as your article’s cover photo or thumbnail. (Please see how to embed a photo below). All photos should be at least 576px in width.
- Must be well edited, clear, and concise. Try to keep your writing structured, interesting, and informative. Please observe the basics of capitalizations, grammar, and punctuations – but don’t fret, the Magazine Editors will do their best to make your article more reader-friendly.
- Try to wrap up your text by being conclusive and giving the reader something to take away. You may wish to close your piece with a thought provoking question or encourage debate in the comments section.
Formatting Your Locations Piece
- If you want to use bold, just put the text in asterixes like this text that will appear in bold, which will result in this text that will appear in bold.
- For italics, just put it between underscores like this short text, which will result in this short text.
- To create bulleted lists, just put an asterisk before each item.
- For the Analogue Lifestyle section, a minimum of 5 photos should be uploaded. All photos should be at least 576px in width.
- Uploading photos: You can use the submission form’s Assets tool to upload your photos. Just click the “Browse & Upload” button to select the photos you want to use for your article.
- Embedding a photo: Use [Photo:photo-ID-number-at-the-end-of-URL] to embed a photo from your LomoHome, or [Asset:asset-number-of-photo-uploaded] to embed a photo that you uploaded via Submission Form. When using two or more photos in the segments of your article, they should be embedded as galleries.
- Embedding a gallery: Use [Photos:photo-ID-numbers-at-the-end-of-URLs] to embed photos from your LomoHome, or [Assets:asset-numbers-of-photos-uploaded] to embed photos that you uploaded via Submission Form.
- Adding captions: To place captions or subtitles under your photos or galleries, simply add the text in the very next line of the photo code. Whenever you’re using photos from other websites, make sure to include a link to the sources of these photos. (Please see how to create links below.)
- If you want to embed a video from your LomoHome, here is the code you should use: [Movie:number-of-video]
- If you want to embed a video from your LomoHome, here is the code you should use: [Movie:URL-of-the-video-from-YouTube-or-Vimeo]
- To include a link in your article, simply put “quotation marks” before and after the word, phrase, or sentence you would like to link, followed by a colon and the URL you would like to use.
- Whenever you use information from other websites to help you write your Analogue Lifestyle pieces, it is necessary to cite them as your references at the end of your article.
_All information for this article were taken from "Website A":http://www.insertwebsiteAhere, "Website B":http://www.insertwebsiteBhere, "Website C":http://www.insertwebsiteChere._
Examples of Locations Articles
- City Guide submissions: from time to time, we here at Lomography are cooking up special Lomography City Guide books and we want our community users to be a part of it! For a certain amount of time, we’ll be collating all articles and photographs for certain cities that will be published on the website – and on the actual Lomography City Guide book. Hence, we encourage everyone who’s been to these place – or actually reside in them to submit lots of entries – from hole-in-the-wall eateries to world-famous landmarks, we’re open for submissions! Just make sure to adhere to the guidelines of the online Locations section to ensure that your city guide articles will be published.
- Requested Posts: each month, we’ll be pushing for several themes exclusively for the Locations section – it may be in time for Spring, in celebration of a big holiday like Chinese New Year, or to further push for more submissions about certain Locations, these will run for a whole month and will merit extra piggies for you.
- Everyday locations articles: we’ve set five different categories wherein Locations submissions usually fall in: Urban Adventures, Food and Drink, Escape from the City, Night on the Town, and Local Flavor. Feel free to feature locations in your hometown or from your past, present – even future travels that you deem fit. But if you’re somewhat undecided on which Locations category your featured location falls into, don’t worry, just do your piece and let our Magazine Editors check it for publication.
- The Magazine Editors will prioritize submissions which belong to the current month’s Requested Posts. Published requested submissions will receive 10 Piggy Points.
- Published regular articles, which do not fall under the monthly requested topics, will receive 5 Piggy Points.
- It is the Magazine Editors’ right to bounce or reject submissions which do not adhere to these guidelines.
Got any comments, questions or feedback? Anything to help us make the Magazine better is welcome! Hit up a comment on this post or contact Jill if you want to discuss something in detail!