What are the rules of Lomography?
At the very core of Lomography lie the 10 Golden Rules – to guide and help you let go of all the formalities and complications that you might think of when you think “traditional photography.” The 10 Golden Rules are the very essence of our Don’t Think, Just Shoot motto. After all, Lomography is all about having fun while taking pictures. Memorize it by heart or break all the rules – either way, be ready to throw all your photographic inhibitions to the wind!
Here are the 10 Golden Rules of Lomography:
- Take your camera everywhere you go
- Use it any time – day or night
- Lomography is not an interference in your life, but part of it
- Try the shot from the hip
- Approach the objects of your lomographic desire as close as possible
- Don’t think (by William Firebrace)
- Be Fast
- You don’t have to know beforehand what you captured on film
- Afterwards either
- Don’t worry about any rules